NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Welcome to the Rubber Dance monthly Art Stamping Challenge!

Our challenge is all about colour! Each month we bring you a gorgeous colour scheme to kick-start your muse.

  • We'll pick an overall WINNER at random who receives an amazing grab bag of unmounted Rubber Dance stamps worth 25 Euro! (that's over $30!) No duplicates, we promise!
  • The Design Team will choose our favourite entry - our DT Pick of the Month.
  • Any entries using Rubber Dance stamps will get a special mention!

Both our winner and Pick of the Month will get badges to proudly display on their blogs. 

Winners will be announced on our blog on the 7th of the following month, so remember to check back to see if you won!

For September our colours are classic autumn – warm golds, oranges and reds; the rich hues of trees in the fall.


Please take a quick look at the rules below before you create. Don’t worry, there aren't many rules and they are not complicated.

Need some inspiration? Check out these examples from our fabulous Design Team!

Trifold tag card by Bibi: Tags coloured and stamped with Distress inks. Bird on left is stamped in red, cut out and overstamped with notesHearts are of chipboard. Gemstones and glitter glue in upper corners. Stamps used: M1-4H: Sheet Music and B2-L: Vintage Birds.
B2-L Vintage Birds
Mini printer tray by Irit:  Fall is just around the corner with its rich colors and textures and this month's RD challenge is just a perfect one to combine the new Vintage birds stamp set and lovely set of leaves to make this warm chipboard tray as wall decor for this season. I used patterned paper to stamp over it as my basic layer and then added heat embossed and hand cut images from the Vintage Bird set around the frame. The bird was stamped clear embossing powder and heat embossed with black one; then I added some gold 3d enamel lines over the embossed surface. Stamps used: B2-L: Vintage Birds; NP3-M: Twiggy Leaves
NP3-M: Twiggy Leaves

Just a Note by Bibi: I stamped and clear embossed the music notes on yellow cardstock, then smooshed Distress Inks over and adhered the panel to one slightly larger of the same yellow cardstock. I added a bow around it and adhered it to red mulberry paper then an orange base card. Maple leaves are stamped with Distress Inks on yellow cardstock and cut out. I finished with a stamped sentiment. Stamps used: M1-4H: Sheet Music; Maple stamp from NP1-M: I Love Leaves; sentiment from the set JNEN-2E: Just a Note


ATC by Majo: For our first Colour Challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps I created an ATC. I applied gesso to the background and coloured it with 13@rts Mist. The sentiments and the images are stamped with StazOn Timber Brown. Stamps used: B2-L: Vintage Birds; B3-5B: Silhouette Seagulls
B3-5B: Silhouette Seagulls
Forever Fall by Katy: My tag is stamped with the beautiful maple leaves using a variety of Distress Inks then dusted with Perfect Pearls while still wet. I added the foliage stamp from the Vintage Birds set around the edges and some falling sycamore seeds. I finished with twine and a sentiment.
NP2-M: Maple Leaves
Good Company by Steph: I fussy cut a number of leaves and inked them in a variety of Clearsnap chalk inks.  Because they have a longer drying time, chalk inks were perfect to use because they can easily be blended. Think Chestnut Roan, Guacamole, Creamy Brown, and Rose Coral - perfect fall colours. The background is #BK2-2E: Burlap which was stamped several times with Candied Yam Chalk Ink. The card was also edged with Candied Yam before mounting. Ribbon and twine were tied around the card and the leaves added with foam adhesive for dimension. The sentiment is an acrylic panel I found in my stash.
Wreath by Helen: I just had to plunge head long into autumn for my first challenge piece.  The colour challenge this month is just perfect to combine with the Maple Leaf stamp. I painted 5 sheets of cardstock with acrylic paint blending gold, orange and red to achieve different shades. Once everything was dry I set about stamping and embossing lots and lots of leaves! I cut them out, shaped them and hot glued them all around a polystyrene wreath. A glittery word some ribbon and a few embellishments added and I now have a lovely home décor piece ready to welcome in the Autumn. Don't those leaves look real?!
Nature card by Olga: I'm in love with beautiful nature stamps from Rubber Dance! :) For our autumn challenge I used my lovely set of stamps I Love Leaves. I stamped with acrylic paints on paper and then cut out, it's my lovely way of using these beautiful stamps. If you will try to do the same, you will have a very beautiful result and of course I hope that it will be useful for you :) I can't wait to see your new creations for our challenge! Be sure to join us!
NP1-M: I Love Leaves

Join our challenge!

All you have to do is:
1) Create something with this month's colour scheme
2) Add your linky below before the closing date
3) Add a link back to the Rubber Dance blog to your entry post
4) Follow our blog


GUIDELINES:
  • This is an art stamping challenge so all entries need to include rubber stamping (no digi stamps please).
  • We'd LOVE it if you use Rubber Dance stamps but this is NOT necessary to join in and will make no difference to your chances of winning.
  • Entries need to use the colour scheme provided – you are welcome to add neutral colours like white, black, cream or metallic to the given colours.
  • You can make absolutely anything you like for the challenge – cards, ATCs, altered art, mixed media, scrapbook pages, jewellery....... whatever you want!
  • Entry is via the linking tool only. We are very sorry that we can't accept email entries.
  • Please provide deep links to your actual project post, not just a link to your blog (to do this, click on the title of your blog entry and copy/paste the URL that appears in your browser's address field).
  • Please link only to new work – don’t backlink to previously made art.
  • You are welcome to combine our challenge with up to five additional challenges.
  • You can join our challenge with up to five entries as long as they are on different blog posts and linked up separately.
  • Entries are welcome from anywhere in the world.
  • PLEASE consider turning off word verification on your blog if you would like to receive comments from the Design Team as this makes our job much easier.

    We reserve the right to remove entries that don't meet these requirements.

Colour scheme for September:
Classic autumn – warm golds, oranges and reds; the rich hues of trees in the fall.

Closing date for entries:
Midnight September 30th, Central European Time (= GMT+1 or EST + 6)


Have fun! We can't wait to see what YOU come up with! :-)

Greetings from the DT & Staff at Rubber Dance
www.rubberdance.com



Our next colour scheme challenge will be announced on October 1st at noon CET.

Any questions? Please use the comment field below and we'll answer as soon as we can.

Comments

Cataleya said…
WOW!!! Dear ladies, I'm in love with your new creations!!! Fantastic!!! :)
~Olga Kovalchuk
TwinkleToes2day said…
What amazing inspiration you have all provided! :D I haven't 'been around' very much lately, what with the school Summer holidays including a wee break away. I have sooo much to catch up on, I do hope I can create something for this challenge :D
Beautiful creations by design team. Great challenge.. would love to be part of it!!
Bibi Lindahl said…
We sure have a FAB design team, Olga :)) Love your card!!
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Twinkle! I hope you will join in on the fun! :-)))
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks, Shilpa! :) I hope you will take part of our challenge! :))
xox
TwinkleToes2day said…
Dash it!! I created a tag, forgetting ALLL about the colours, LOLOLOL!!! What a silly billy. *sigh* Back to the drawing board;)
fantastic examples! WOW!
xxx
Susi
I promise really to try to join this challenge !
Wish many many entries for you!
Bibi Lindahl said…
LOL, you silly goose! *g* But a tag made is ALWAYS a good thing! Good luck with the next one :))))
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Susi! :) I hope you will join - can't see what you'll come up with!! :-D
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
can't WAIT to see ........ I meant.
Anonymous said…
I just posted my first card for this challenge. I love these colors... I may have to do a journal page too.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Hi Boo! Thank you for joining us and for using my stamps on your beautiful card! :)
xox
Weird Amy said…
Eek! Bibi, I don't know why, but it put my same link up twice...I don't know how to fix it...

Thank you for the challenge! I'm with Boo, I love these colors...and I'm so happy to get to pull out my too-long-neglected stamps! Everybody's work is so beautiful...I'm going to study under you masters of stampery! :)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Sweet! I'm so happy to see your entry! Beautiful card and cool layout!! Stamps are so much more fun with ink on instead of dust! ;-) I look forward to seeing more stamping from you and I hope you can find ideas and insoiration from us - the masters, LOL!! You funny.
Oh, and we fixed the double entry, no problem :)
xox
Karen Petitt said…
Have only recently found you - I love stamping blogs and challenges! Thanks for a great challenge and for the gorgeous DT inspirations - I think I am going to be stamping a lot of maple leaves this month! Karen
TwinkleToes2day said…
I DID it!! Phew! I honestly didn't think I was going to come up with anything. SO glad that I did. I feel complete :D Off to check out the competition, lol
Thanks Bi x
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Karen! So glad to see that you have joined us and made two challenge entries - they're gorgeous!
xox
Pamellia said…
Wow, what a first rate design team you have put together!! These autumn creations are spectacular!! I just found you today, so glad I did, I love the style of your team and your stamps and I'm super excited to see you ship to Canada! Thanks for a wonderful challenge! Have a great month, hugs :)
Silvia(Barnie) said…
Just found your blog and this challenge :o) Great inspiration from the design team and wonderful rubberstamps :o)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Pamellia! So glad you found us and joined our colour challenge. Your artwork is beautiful!!
Yep, we ship worldwide - it's a great pleasure to have "fans" all over the planet :-)
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks, Silvia! Happy to see you here with us! Thank you very much for entering with your awesome mail art!! :-)
xox
Lynne Mizera said…
So Excited to have been introduced to Your Blog and Stamps through my Snarky Sister Lee, Smile. I LOVE what your design team has created, I have joined in the September Challenge Fun and I look forward to playing along every month! Cheers from your newest Canadian Member
Waving My Wand said…
Newbie here. Happy to have discovered your site!
Bibi Lindahl said…
So happy to see you here, Lynne! Thank you for joining our challenge :))) Our Snarky blog hop sure was fun!!
XOX
Bibi Lindahl said…
Welcome, Terri! So glad you have discovered us and joined our challenge! :-)))
XOX

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button