Art Journal Page


Hi everyone! It's Susanne today and I'd like to share an Art Journal page this time.


For this page I started by covering the pages with gesso and played with my Gelatos to create a basic background. I used the Gelatos Lemon, Tangerine, Red Cherry, Snow Cone and Metallic Mint. To create the white stars on the left I used one of my favourite Gelato techniques: I wiped away the Gelato color through a stencil with a wet baby wipe.
The white snowflakes on the right are doodled with a white pen. To finish my background I stamped some images of the Pines Fir Yew stamp set and the Winter Wonderland stamp set from Rubber Dance. I used my Stamper's Big Brush Pen (turquoise) and my Archival Ink Pads (Jet Black and Monarch Orange).


I printed the "Warm Winter Wishes" with my PC - the font is called "Head Case". Another option would be to handwrite the words on your own. My handwriting is not the best, so I prefer printing it. I cut the words out, colored the pieces with Distress Ink "spiced marmalade" and drew a border arround every word.


For the two snowmen I cut out some circles of old book paper and build my frostys by adhering the circles to the page. I sketched them with a black PITT Artist Pen. A nice feature of the PITT Pens is that you can smear the color at the beginning because it does not dry immediately! I add also some Gelato coconut to draw the snowmen white.

I hope you like my page! I'd be happy if you also visite my blog.
Have a nice Christmas time!

Hugs, 

Susanne

The stamps I used come from these sets, "Winter Wonderland" and "Pines Fir Yew", which can both be found at www.rubberdance.com where there is a SALE right now!


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Susanne! :-) Your snowmen are super cool and I love all the bright colours! The stencil and baby wipes on Gelatos technique sounds FUN! I really have to try that! :-)
XOX
Artatag said…
Love this page, nice sentiments!
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks so much Bibi. You need to prime your surface with Gesso, otherwise the Gelatos will not come off completely. Have fun trying it!!!
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks for youl lovely comments!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks! Good thing I have finally bought Gesso ... yes, I'm way behind "everybody" else. Got some new Gelatos waiting for me to try them out .... :-)
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous page and lovely colours. I will be trying this technique with Gelatos as soon as Father Christmas delivers them...
Unknown said…
Love it Susanne - I am a huge fan of book page snowmen too! Love the way your page goes from warm to frosty! I am hoping Santa is bringing me Pitt pens for Christmas ;-)
Unknown said…
Absolutely wonderful! The contrast between the two sides of the layout is perfect and I adore your snowmen.
Susanne Rose said…
Thanks so much for your lovely comment! And I wish you wonderful presents under your tree!
Wonderful art journal page! the colors are wonderful and play so well with your sentiments!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!