Alcohol Ink Ombre Technique

Hi Everyone, Helen here!

It is my turn to share inspiration with you today.  I hope you are having a fun weekend and are managing to fit in a little (lot) of crafting ;-)  Welcome to anyone popping by from my YouTube Channel!

Today I am sharing a tutorial and card idea that means you can create quick and vibrant backgrounds that are perfect to stamp on top or with any combinations of your Rubber Dance stamps.  Once you have mastered the technique this is definitely a card design that can be made in a hurry but looks fab!

So if you are like me and absolutely Mrs Disorganised when it comes to birthdays this one is for you!!!




As you can see you can use many different colours for this effect and lots of stamps would work to create this look.

In the tutorial I show you how to achieve this cool background so get out your alcohol inks and off we go………Oh before I forget here are the all important card dimensions as promised:

Cutting Guide:

Black Card: 9" x 7 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/2" or 23 cm x 19 cm scored and folded at 11.5 cm
White Gloss Card: 4 1/4" x 7 1/4" or 11 cm x 22.5 cm (cut 2)
Black Decorative Strip: 1" x 5" or 2.5 cm x 12.5 cm (after die cutting or punching trim to fit)


Before I go I just want to remind you of the Anniversary Blog hop that is going on to celebrate Bibi's one year in Blog Land anniversary.  So please click on this link and join in the celebration - there are gorgeous Rubber Dance stamps to be won!!

'Till next time……

Thank you for popping by.

Helen X

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thank you so much, Helen! :-)
Craftyfield said…
Beautiful Helen, great choice of stamps too!
TwinkleToes2day said…
I cannot believe that you are ever Mrs Disorganised about anything - especially in regards to your art lol. These are gorgeous cards Helen - as always. Now I must go watch the video :o) x
Unknown said…
Two cards at once - smart for someone so disorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorrry - just had to tease a little!! These are wonderful. I recently worked on my first ombre effect card - it was fun. Your cards are both LOVELY Helen. j.
Gerrina said…
Wow these look so fresh and really popped up at my blogroll... love the bright colours!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button