Ir(resist)ible technique


Hi all, it's Majo here today to show you how to create a little box with an older technique called “Resist with napkin varnish”. 

  
I started with cutting my template, it’s a Sizzix Die *Box & Card* and stamped the two beautiful flowers from the Da Vinci Set. Make sure you use permanent ink, as this is going to get wet!


  
I colored the images with Koh-I-Noor pencils Mondulez and some water. Then I carefully applied the napkin varnish and tried not to get too much outside the image, since this area will not take any color after the application.

I applied different colors of Distress Ink and spritzed & flicked with water. After distressing the edges I assembled my box and tied a little tag around, the word “SEEDS” is computer generated.


 I just love how vibrant the colors of the flowers stand out!

Ready for summer and some new flowers?

You can find the flower images right here at the Rubber Dance Stamps shop!

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Majo! Your box is gorgeous!!!
Love how the background turned out and the colours are yummmmmmy! :-)
Artatag said…
Wunderschön, Majo! Da wünsche ich mir fast so ein schickes Maschinchen 💖😍
Hugs
Craftyfield said…
The background is lovely and perfect for those gorgeous flowers.
Unknown said…
Love it Majo - one of my favourite stamps too! I will be trying this technique! x
Eine traumhafte Box ist das Majo!
Unknown said…
Such gentle and happy colors - this is a lovely project Majo. j.
This was beautiful and evocative! And it makes me wondering do summer ever come to Norway? :-)
Gerrina said…
Just beautiful! Enjoy the weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button