May Challenge Reminder


Heyyy, stampers! There is still lots of time to enter our May Colour Challenge with an amazing bundle of stamps up for grabs to a randomly selected winner and of course the honour for one person of being our DT Pick of the Month!

Our colours this month are bright and summery!

In addition to our colour scheme, our OPTIONAL THEME this month is: Flowers
(use the theme if you want to - it's optional but we think perfect for these colours!)

To join the May challenge, please see the guidelines here.
Here's a little something I made:

Background on tag is made with a pebble stencil and texture paste, which I painted with pink and purple Twinkling H2Os from ColourArte. When it tried, I added some yellow Twinkling H2O on the top and let it run down the tag, then stamped some circles in yellow.

Here's how I made the flower:

I used this set of dies from Elizabeth Craft Design, called Crystal Flower Set 1.
The biggest flower is 7 cm in diameter! I love that they're that big:

Textured white cardstock:

Dyed with Distress inks:

Stamped with Grunge Swirls:

I misted the flowers with water to make then soft, then curved the petals using the round end of a pencil:

Petals dyed and stamped to make leaves,
using a leaf stamps on some an a heart stamp on others:

Petals curved and scrunched:

Et voilá!


For the ribbon of my tag, I dyed a white ribbon with Distress inks in pink and purple,
then stamped some circles on top using yellow acrylic paint: 

So, there you go - my May Flower Tag in yellow, pink and purple:



Have fun!

xox,
Bibi






Here's a direct link to the flower dies on Elizabeth Craft Design's website:
http://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.com/collections/dies/flowers?page=2




Comments

massofhair said…
Great tutorial Bibi, like making flowers when i have the time. Great pebble background and i do like the H20 drippage it is scrumptious :-) xxx
Beautiful texture in the background with pebble stencil, love...how you have used Twinkling H2Os. Flowers looks awesome with stamping on it. TFS tutorial Bibi.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you! I think it's fun to make my own flowers, then I can get them exactly the way I want :)

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks! I looooove Twinkling H2O's, they are so beautiful and also very versatile :)
Susanne Rose said…
That's such a beautiful tag Bibi! I'm always to be afraid of using my stamps with acrylic paint because of the cleaning! Love how it turns out!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you! I use acrylic paint a LOT when I stamp, then put the stamp in a bowl of water until I have time to clean it. No problem at all :)

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button