Autumn Stamped and Embossed Card

Hello again! Niki here, I have snuck back to do another design. Hehe! I am feeling the Fall weather and have never made a Fall card so that was where I started! 
This is a 3.5 by 4.5ish card. The main flower image (Antique Botanicals) was stamped with black Archival ink onto some Shimmer Sheetz and then cut down. 

I used plain white heavy cardstock for my base and embossed it with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. 
I then added some Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo, and blended those together to stay with my Autumn color theme. 

The corners pieces were made using a Spellbinders die cut. I applied a little bit of clear crackle to each "leaf" but you can't see it very well. I grouped the dies in each corner and added the red center bling. The red ribbon was added through small slits I made on the sides of the Shimmer Sheetz and pulled through to make the bow on the front of the card. 
Those Shimmer Sheetz are hard to photograph because your reflection is right there! Lol. Lastly, I added the small red gems for some fun bling. 

I wanted the lovely Rubber Dance Art Stamp to the central focus of the card and believe I succeeded! My first Fall card! Yippee! Have you started your Fall designs yet? 

Thank you so very kindly to Bibi and the team for this wonderful opportunity to showcase some amazing stamps. Y'all are so very awesome sauce! Hugz and Carpe Diem! ~Niki

My blog: pawsitivelycreativecrafts.blogspot.com
Rubber Dance store: www.rubberdance.com
Shimmer Sheetz are available from Elizabeth Craft Design

Comments

Majo said…
Pretty fall colours, love 'em!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Niki! It's really nice to see a stamped Shimmer Sheetz, love those! The colours are very pretty, and I love the embossed cardstock - it's wow! :-) So glad that you wanted to guest design for me!
♥♥♥
Craftyfield said…
The distressed and embossed background is gorgeous and perfect for an autumn feel... Great idea to use the Shimmer Sheetz as the base for this beautifully detailed stamp.
Jane said…
This is lovely, so good to see these rich colours and textures showcasing Bibi's fab stamps..lucky you getting an opportunity to play with her gorgeous stamps. It's a perfect warm sunny September day here..bliss x
What a great card - such rich colour, luscious texture and great showcasing of that fabulous flower.
Alison x
Thank you ladies for your kind comments! I am new to the Shimmer Sheetz and just love 'em! The stamp was perfect for this design and I sure am one lucky gal to get to play with these amazing stamps! Hugz! ~Niki
Unknown said…
Love the distress background, and the autumn colours. Love this time of year x
Susanne Rose said…
I love your card. The texture is WOW!
sarascloset said…
Beautiful card and a wonderful way to showcase that beautiful botanical stamp! Lovely design!
Lys said…
Beautiful stamping for a perfect autumn feel!
Sandy said…
Beautifully done Sugar!
Sandy xx
sheila 77 said…
So lovely and unusual. Great with the embossing, an untried technique for me, but you've used it so effectively and painted it so well with these colours with the wonderful names.

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!