African Mini Album by Susanne

Hi my dear Rubber Dance Friends.
Susanne here today and I have a tutorial for this lovely tag mini album to share. I used the new African Animals, which are drawings by me :-), together with many other stamps from Rubber Dance.


Here are the instructions:
First of all cut some tags from kraft cardstock. I used the awesome CAS-ual Fridays Tag die. The tags need some texture first so I used a script stamp and the globes randomly with  Archial Ink Coffee.

In the next step I add some gesso with a brush and let it dry.

I stamp the main images with Archival Ink Jet Black and the "Dream" from the Affirmations set. I give it some color with Distress Inks. I use Distress Inks to get only a light amount of color, because most of my background is gesso. If you want more intense colors you better use Neocolors II.


I add some texture with the stamps from the "Pick a Number" set.

Now it's time for some embellishments. Recently I found these awesome new dies from Nellie Snellen. I ordered them immediately because they are matching the African Animals stamps perfectly. For this mini album I used these:

I use Brushos to color them. I add the Brusho powder first and then spray them with water. You only need a tiny amount of the pigments!


After the die cuts were dry I added some Distress Micro Glaze to save the colors and added Glossy Accents to them. I also added some black splatters to my tags.

Finally I build the tags together with a book ring and added some more details with washi tape and different die cuts. The big flower is a rolled flower die from Die-Namics. Instead of using a quilling tool I just rolled the flower a little in the wrong direction and adhered it. You get a totally different flower. What normally the bottom is, became my middle:




You might have recognized, that the back of the tags has no design. That's because I plan to cut the photos, I'm going to put into this album, with the same tag die and adhere them to the backs.


Thank you for stopping by today! You are welcome to visit my blog for more inspiration.
xx Susanne.

Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
African Animals
Pick a Number
Affirmations
Travel
ATC Backgrounds 1
Retro Beach

You will get 15% discount  on your next order in the Rubber Dance Online Store when you enter "susanne2015" during checkout.



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Awesome!! What a cool minialbum you have made here, Susanne. Love it!!
So many cool details. I really like how the small die cut animals turned out, such a nice contrast with their glossy shine on top of the matte backgrounds.
Thank you so much!
♥♥♥
Ohh my goodness, this is most lovely thing I saw today, Suzz, love it so much!! Beautiful colors and stamping!
Artatag said…
This is absolutely awesome, Susanne! I love all about it!
ionabunny said…
Very cool. I like how you matched the diecuts with the stamps. What a fun little album. Hugz
Craftyfield said…
Love Kraft and white together! The African animal stamps are superb and I can't wait to play with mine (although I'll have to, until Christmas is over anyway...). How lucky to have found the dies too? Brilliant together and the Brushos colouring is lovely.
Your design is absolutly georgeous, Susanne! My favorite in the stamps set African Animals must be the giraffe, he/she is so cute ☺ Cool album!
Hugs ♥

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button