Travel by Guest Designer Liesbeth Fidder

Hi everyone! I'm Liesbeth Fidder from the Netherlands. I'm very honoured to be a Rubber Dance guest designer! I played with the wonderful stamp set Travel, and lots of ideas are bubbling in my mind using them; they're so beautiful!

I had lots of fun making these two cards:








This is how I made them:
For both backgrounds I applied three colours of Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke, Mermaid Lagoon and Abandoned Coral) directly onto a craft sheet, sprayed the ink with water then wiped a piece of white cardstock through it. I let the paper dry very well. After that I splattered the background with some drops of water and blotted it with kitchen towel: small white spots appear where the water removes some of the ink!

Carte Postale card:
I stamped Venice, London, Carte Postale and Paris onto the card with StazOn Ink Jet Black. The Eiffel tower also a second time as you see. Using a circle template, I sponged the sun with Distress Ink Wild Honey, and some clouds as well. I stamped some small fragments of the map stamp. I bleached London and Venice with bleach and a synthetic brush. I sponged here and there with yellow ink and defined the edges with black ink,.With a fine black marker, I drew some lines, following the coloured areas and around the map fragments.

Travel Companions card: 
I made this card in almost the same way except for the couple, I stamped them onto a separate piece of coloured cardstock. I bleached the watches and the peoples faces and coloured the dress with some extra Abandoned Coral ink. I glued the couple onto the card and sponged a little bit of yellow ink here and there to finish it off.

Hope you like my cards! See you next month!

Liesbeth

I used this set of Rubber Dance stamps:
Travel

Comments

Amazing cards, love love love!!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Liesbeth! Your cards are beautiful!! I love how you made the backgrounds, such yummy colours. Gotta love Distress ink and water! :) Very cool detail where you drew around the map stamp fragments on the first card.
I'm so happy that you wanted to guest design for me. LOVE your work!!
♥♥♥
Majo said…
Love all of your work. You used my favorite technique for the background, it always turn out different, beautiful!
Craftyfield said…
The Distress inks background and bleaching technique is so effective! Love the clever details too such as the shadow stamping on the tower and the map fragments. Stunning cards!
Anneke said…
Liesbeth they look beautiful. These are real Liesbeth cards.
Congratulation for being asked to be a guest designer.
Gerrina said…
Gaaf om jouw werk hier te zien! Groetjes, Gerrina
I am amazed! That's really wonderful! The details are just awesome. And the colors are just lovely. Thanks for sharing!
Kristiina said…
Love these, especially the fine lines drawn along the inky edges, making a map of their own!
Unknown said…
Oh my gracious Liesbeth - these are soooooo wonderful. I am in awe of the colors and they way you placed each stamp and made them looks so perfectly fabulous. Wow - you hit your guest designer post OVER THE MOON. Love your cards. j.
Lovely cards and amazing colors. Good idea to bleach and highlight what you think is good for your motif.
Hugs, Susan
ionabunny said…
These are gorgeous. Love the strong colours and these images are wonderful. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button