Friday, April 21, 2017

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa from the Design Team here.



I am sharing with you a journal spread, for which I've used Rubber Dance Nostalgic Couples, Something Wonderful and few other stamp sets.

Here's my procedure...


To make the texture on the journal page, first I cut out this piece using a die.


I adhered that die cut pieces on pages and applied embossing paste through stencil.
 Let it dry completely.


To bring colours to the page I spritzed randomly with  Peacock Feather, Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans and Vintage Photo distress inks.


To create one more layer I stamped circles and text on the page.


In addition I applied colours from distress crayons to create depth.


I stamped the Nostalgic Couple on another paper with black archival ink and coloured it with distress markers.
 

I adhered a few embellishments and ephemera and layered the lovely couple image onto it.



On the other page, I added words from the Something Wonderful set.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

I've used all these stamps from Rubber Dance Shop here:

Nostalgic Couple
 Something Wonderful
 Collage Elements
 Round In Circles
Vintage Hotel Receipt
Vintage Script ATC size




Don't forget to join this month's Theme challenge 
Black and White Plus One


8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful. Love the colours! The way you've used the die cut to make texture on the pages is such a cool idea and the result is gorgeous. The step by step photos are very helpful. Thank you so much, Shilpa! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages :) love the textures and colors. Thanks for the inspiration.
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Shilpa, I love the jewel tones and how you've incorporated the die cuts. Both ideas squirrelled away for later ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page spread, Shilpa - I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shilpa,
    how beautiful this spread is! I just love your use of your elements!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really beautiful journal spread Shilpa, such gorgeous grunge and colour.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! ♥